Monday 12 November 2012

The blog of FOOD

WHAZZZZ up. THis is my THIRD blog today..feeling the remorse for neglecting my blog lately.

Here are random facts to get to know me:
-Korean (probably know)
-First year Master's Program
-Live in Toronto, Canada (specifically borderline on the Thornhill side)
-Have an older brother
-Am allergic to almost all outdoor stuff..especially birch..and CATS CATS are my most painful allergic memory
-Am a sucker for nail designs...whenever I get the time I try to work on my nails (check out my Halloween nails on the post 2wks ago) - I get super frustrated during but the payoff is total pride
-Favourite colour: PINK (girly yes) it's been lavender for the longest time but it's most due to the name..less the colour. White is nice..and hot pink sometimes ;)
-This past summer I went to Grenada and loved the Caribbean Ocean. It was the warmest (yet saltiest) water I swam in. I also thoroughly enjoyed snorkeling for the first time.
-Am a sucker for boots (I just LOVE boots) and PURSES (what is up with me and owning tons of them?!)
-ATTEMPTING to experiment on the eye-make up..going for the au-natural look but make-up is expensive so it's hard to experiment with (what if I buy something for tons of $$ and end up not using it cus I don't like it?)
-I am schedule to go to FLorida this december..am TOTALLY psyched for warm weather at this moment..and SUNSHINE finally!!
-My favourite holiday has to be Christmas...all the glamour and happiness..and just surrounded by the colour white (minus the slush) and all those holiday  music just totally gets me vamped up (you holiday crashers who told Shoppers Drugmart to take down Christmas music! Get in a festival spirit you grouches!)
-Oh did I tell you? I collect stationary. Oh I'm a nerd. I try out all the newest vampest stationary...for one I got shipped this new highlighter from Korea where when you use it, its actually like made of wax (crayon-like material) so it's glides on nicely n doesn't bleed through like ink. It's awesome..but it's hard to see exactly where you are highlighting...or the time when I went crazy over ink pens and highlighters that erase. And most pens are 0.7mm. but I have a collection of 0.5mm or 0.3mm! It just writes really nicely!! <--See? I'm obsessed.

OK today's blog is actually about FOOD
So over the past weeks I have been taking pictures of foods that I've been eating and since I keep forgetting to bloggggggg here is a collection of them:
I ate this for dinner: It's super easy pasta to make. I basically put whatever vegetable sauteed it..and then used a pasta salsa type..called SUN-DRIED TOMATO pesto. from the bran CLASSICO. After I sauteed the vegetables I wanted I threw in the sauce and basically tossed it with my noodles and sprinkled cheese (cheese makes a big diff). You can add meat to it..I left it vegetarian. with a side salad.

Here is another dinner. The chicken is kinda ripped cus I kept having to check if it was fully cooked (don't want no pink chicken!)  I thinly sliced the potatoes, drizzled it on with olive oil and salt and peppered it and then baked it in a toaster oven with marinated chicken. I marinted it with olive oil, bbbq sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper. and a whole load of salad

This was a breakfast food. I just ate a simple english muffin with fried egg/lettuce/ketchup and cheese.
Then my mom bought pinapple so I sliced some pineapple and ate it. Lately I've been trying to eat more fruit (apparently it's a luxury in Korea so I must take advantage of it)...I was never a fruit person. So the past couple days I've been on pomengrante. Noone eats them except me so it's taking me a couple days to devour it all. Does anyone know to cut them up properly? If I slice it with a knife, I end up cutting parts of the seeds and the juice all seeps everywhere..If I try to split it with my hands the seeds tend to fly everywhere upon my completion of split..O.o

This I had yesterday...YUM. My brother must have marinated the chicken..So i ate that as my meat portion..I love salad so I'm eating some greenery. Tofu (earth's meat) and potatoes that I baked (YUM) and KIMCHI..basically pickled cabbage that Korean people eat..My mom made a whole batch of them for the winter term and theyre super fresh so theyre really good! I'm not a craver of kimchi but when theyre fresh I want to take advantage of em..oh and I totally forgot..that black stuff? Theyre beans...My mom cooks it with soysauce and sugar n stuff ..makes it taste amaZINg!!
 
Here is the next food my mom made..actually I don't think she made it spicy enough..but it's a Korea dish called 'YUKGAEJANG" It's superbly YUMMY (perhaps one of my fav korean dishes)
It is beef, cabbage, egg, green onion, bean sprouts, onion and whatever yummy thing available)

Here is in my dish. OH it's super yummy. At my dad's request my mom made it. I always ask my mom to make it and she never makes it!

I stir-friend some rice..OMG I put too much of that TIKKI masala and totally ruined my meal..
I used indian rice aka Basmati Rice.
This time I added the soysauce to garlic, onion and corn and stir-fried it. then added the broccoli and rice..so you can tell it's not as brown (from the soysauce). I think it would've turned out really nicely if I hadn't pukered up the indian powder. xp. Oh I forgot. that yellow stuff? I added pinapples as we had a lot lying around..The pineapple really helped with the flvour to balance out the strong indian spice.

Here's a close-up..Next time either little on the indian spice or exempt it altogether..your choice!
Pineapple fried-rice!
 
Next on: BAKING!
I did tell you I am terrible baker...So I decided to cheat and buy a pre-mix (YUM but a lot of sugar I'd say...for now! UNTIL i become a baker!)
APPARENTLY (noone told me this on the internet google search) when you bake cupcakes You NEED to bake the cupcakes in a cupcake tray!!
 
AKA this:
Who knew?
I assumed the damn paper could hold the cupcakes up...
WOW (R YOU for real? You're a master's student?!!!)
:( Yes I told you I am a terrible baker...
So I just put the cupcake cups on a flat tray (no holes)
and they ozzed out as they cooked and stretched out the cups that was cooking in em
SO I got creative and took it all out of the paper cups and re-shaped them..aka:
TADAHH!

The best thing about my cupcakes were the icing!
I mixed up softened butter (eventually they softened up), cream cheese (oh the key flavour) and icing sugar (with a droplet of water) and scraped it into a plastic baggy. then cut a hold in it to decorate...
I put too much water in mine so I couldn't make them 3D unfortunately but..
creamcheese icing is my favourite kind of icing it tasted DELISH!

Here are the ones that turned out GOOD and didn't need cutting!

Heres my bite into one of them. It tasted really good! I will bake this again another time!
I wanted to bring one to my friend but my brother ate the rest -___-..and then he didn't even compliment on them! He was all 'well..they weren't even in the cupcake cups..you took em all out"..
 
Review of fast-food:
 
Mcdees has recently for a limited time you can get these things called McBITES.
I decided to try em out.
Personally. I think they are chicken nuggets split in half HAHAHA. Theyre not that cheap either for the number you get..You get it in this cute little box though...10 for around $5. if you make it a meal its like $2 more..I wasn't too full..maybe next time i'll go for teh 20 without the meal..

 
They also provided this hot habarnero sauce..which I assumed it (since it's a white franchise) to be white-spicy..for those of you who knwo what white-spicy means...it means it has a hint of spice but you can't really tell unless you think really HARD..but this was SPICY..it got my nose runny. I thoroughly enjoyed it..I mixed it with ketchup cus it's one the sweeter side (it lessened the spice)
 

 
In the plaza near my house there's a new pizza place that opened up..
it's actually AMAZING. I LOVED it. perhaps my favourite thus far.

It's quite pricey...approx $2/slice if you calculate it..I got a large and the dough is really chewy and crispy in all the right places..and the cheese is so good.
The meat they put on it slices of this spicy salami that really complimented the sun-dried tomatoes.
YUM

 
And finally...for those of you who have been keeping up with my blog:
I usually START with my outfits..but today I decided to END with mon daily clothes:
 
Here's two I had time to take pics of:
 
This is one outfit I took to school. If you're at school adn you've been sitting on your butt for longer than 2 hours your body heat starts to evaporate adn you can't produce your own heat anymore.. so I'm going for warmth. It's a weird colour mix..but for some reason I kinda like it HAHA
 
 
Cardigan: Lacoste
Button-up shirt: JoeFresh
Pants: GAP
Earrings: XXII
 
Yesterday was a beautiful day so I decided to wear out in a skirt =)
I contemplated on keeping this blouse because it was a little pricey for xxii. But whatevs I really think it's nice.  (shoes I wore ankle booties with heels) everyone around me is so tiny in my church I felt like a giant. LOL
Sheer black Blouse: XXII
Plain Longsleeve: GAP
Skirt: GAP
Belt: Prada
Tights: GAP?
Earrings: XXII
 
I honestly think the best place to shop for earrings is at XXII.
They've got the best selection for all styles AND they're massively cheap. I noticed that if your earrings aren't made of real metal (aka..gold, silver etc.) then a year later..no matter how favourite your earrings are theyre goign to RUST and you can't wear em anymore! =(
SOOOoooOO here are my newest collections...did I say I collect earrings? LOL..
(sorry for the terrible lighting! I told you  my world was dark!)
 
I was wearing bottom left on the first pic and on the second picture I am wearing the gold top earrings. Because the gold ones are bigger I wear it with my hair down. The black ones I like wearing it with my hair up because it's harder to see the black ones since my hair is naturally darker.
I hope you've thoroughly enjoyed my earrings and blog as much as I enjoy writing them!
 
My trend shows that I blog mostly about FOOD, CLOTHES/Fashion and my daily life of complaints LOL...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment