Tuesday 13 November 2012

Enchilada twist~

This is a twist on Enchiladas recipe. I KEEP forgetting the name 'Enchilada' OMG

I got the inspiration from the youtube channel ShayTards where they put a twist of putting Cream of Mushroom instead of dry or tomato sauce =).. I think it's great. I mixed a bunch of online recipes and came up with mine that turned out very well and here is my share:

Serving approx:4 persons

Ingredients:
-Sour Cream (to dopple)
-Chili powder (to sprinkle)
-Feta Cheese (crushed)
-Marble Cheese (grated)
-Sour cream
-1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
-Chicken Breast (or any chicken parts..I think chicken breast works the best)
-Bell peppers (I used orange for nice splash of colour - strips)
-2 small onions (minced)
-Cubanelle chili pepper (it's a mild - medium spicy) - I diced but it's not too spicy so you can do strips
-1 Jalapeno (mince very finely - make sure you toss out the seeds which are most spicy)
-Tortilla wraps (I cut mine in halves or you can get mini ones)

-Glass container to bake the goods

*if you would like to see the grade of each spicy pepper here's a link I found. THere are TONS:
http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types.html

Here you can see what brand I used. It really doesn't matter. I was actually tight on time and rushed to buy the ingredients. :s I think my feta cheese is kosher lol.

I used campbells and old elpaso chili powder.
 
1. I fried the chicken in olive oil until nicely cooked. You can even boil them for a softer touch. You can also add salt and pepper but is unnecessary with the amount of sauce that will go in. (while the chicken is cooking I chopped up all the vegetables as necessary - onion, bell peppers, Cubanelle chili pepper, jalapeno) Also grate lots and lots of marble cheese!
2. Once the chicken is cooked thoroughly pull of pieces of chicken so it's like 'pulled-pork' style. Mine had bones so I had to discard it.
3. After stir-fry the vegetables in olive oil and a couple minutes later,add pulled-chicken and dust on chili powder (don't use the entire batch otherwise it'll be too strong! I just used enough to coat it.
 


Like so...
 
Sorry I didn't have a before picture while I was cooking. It's hard to take pics while you're cooking when you're hand has touched all the food!
 
4. Take soft tortilla wraps and cut in half.
5. Spread a generous amount of sour cream on torilla and sprinkle in crushed feta and marble cheese. Add the vegetables and chicken mix and roll! (*note: don't use up all the marble cheese!)
6. Place rolled wraps in the glass jar. REPEAT until full....
 
Like so...
 7. Take your cream of mushroom soup (it says add half cup of milk and water) and heat...when it starts to simmer verge of boiling turn off. I cooled mine a teeny bit cus I didn't want it to be TOO hot.
8. POUR batch of cream of musroom sauce on top of the tortilla wraps and sprinkle the rest of your marble cheese on top. BAKE until cheese starts turning golden brown and teeny crispy on top. I threw mine in a toaster oven =).

TADAH!!!!!

I took one out to try.

Here is the one I took out to eat....

It is best to eat right when you cook this because after a while the cream of mushroom really soaks into the tortilla...unless you don't mind. I cut it in half to show you the insides of my food since I didn't take a picture of before it got wrapped in! Sorry.
 
I find this great because the chili powder, jalapeno and cubanelle chili pepper kinda makes everything spicy and strong flavoured. However, with the sourcream, cheeses (both types) and the cream of mushroom really balances it out nicely. =)
 
ENJOY!!
 
 
So...random add in
 
BUT...today in the mail my BBcreams came =) I will try each sample out and see which one works best for my skin =D I'm excited! Theyre all slightly different colour so we'll see...It's a korean brand I found called Skin79. I wanted to try an Asian brand rather than a white one (a lot of white companies are creating BBcreams lately) cus the make is slightly different...
 
It is smaller than I thought it would've been but apparently the mail cost is $8..and I paid $5 so I guess theyre losing out on the $$ so people would try them out n see if they like em. LOL..
 
Free shipping which is great. If you want to get one:
 
Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment and a Eye doctor appointment :s ..I KNOW I have a cavity so I'm scared xp..ACKK I hope I'll still be able to eat tomorrow!! I'm taking leftover of my enchiladas!
 
Happy Smiles!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment