Tuesday 16 October 2012

Lesson Learned.

Hey hey~~

I hope everyone has been keeping warm in this cold dark weather...(today was unusally sunny)..
but weather forcast calls for rain almost all this week!

and unusually warm weather this week! Is this..the Indian Summer O.oa?

Anyways...this week has been thus far A-OK!!
Yesterday I was driving home waiting to do a left turn and when the left-turn green advance light came on the car in front and I (behind them) started driving BUT we had to quickly press the break BECAUSE the car coming from opposite direction going straight RAN A RED light! Literally...
I guess he didn't realize that the light was still RED..colour-blind folk. this is why accidents happen
-_- PAY attention people!!!!

Anyways yesterday I also raked some leaves (today I looked and it looked as if I didn't do anything..ALL MY WORK!! Took so much effort..My hands were shaking by the end of it...and I only did the front yard =(...) My yard is BIG...and there were so many leaves..but my pile seems to have blown off in the wind cus I didn't bag it..=( couldn't find a bag...Here is my hard work in progress though!!

Raking with my hard strong arms!!

This is my final pile! Look How TALL it is!

 
and then compare the size from top to bottom!
 
OK trust me..it was a lot bigger. PIctures turn out a lot smaller..anyways..the next day I was in so much pain..I thought my left back muscle would rip off!!! (ew..O.o)...lol? FALL is definately here!
A lot of pretty coloured leaves have actually all fallen now..We had this frost weather last week..? 2 wks ago? Anyways...the trees all got suddenly cold and the leaves started falling off super fast!
hAHAH..
 
SoooOoooOOO...today I found out I was a EMPLOYEE! (technically hired..although I don't do anything)...That is why I am under a union CUPE!..I actually thought it was cus I went to school but its cus i'm 'technically' working...as a GA (Graduate Assistant)..harhar...
I found out cus OK I was flipping through the insurance package and it states that the benefit dates start January 1-Decemeber 31...but that didn't make sense! My school starts September- April..So I assumed it was covered from Sept-April..but when I called them they said that because I am an employee I get the full covered from Sept-Dec (although technically Jan-Dec) and then in January it resets again!! O.o WOH? So now that means I gotta pay a visit to the dentist and my eye doctor BEFORE January...and also suddenly I have $2000 to use for my massages until Decemeber!!
 
I calculate and my normal massages are 50 minutes...in order to use it all up..I basically have to go get a massage twice a week upgrading to 80 minute massages PLUS I get 4 additional foot exfoliants!
=D!! Can't complain! Oh, I didn't know there were all these privileges of being a Master's student! I tried asking if I could do couple's massages (theyre double the price) and be charged under my insurance (might as well share when you've got the abundance!) but...they said the bill will be charged separately =(!!! only my massage will be covered under the insurance (why is it called the couple's massage then if you have to pay separately!!)
 
-->I also found out I have the same coverage for anyone working in the University. So basically, I am getting the same insurance as my Professors..I know what goodies professors recieve now..lol
 
Today's massage I went and took a quick picture of the mat heater that heats my back and feet and the therapist is massaging! It's kinda dark but here -->
See that folded thing up? If you look closely, theres a cord attached to it and that's what heats me up!
If I don't use up all my twice a week massages (probably will skip certain weeks e.g- period!!) then I'll probably try to hot stone massages (which is a bit more expensive)...but I'm not sure i'll like it..massages with stones? that sounds weird. LOL...

Today I got Janna again..=) I actually booked today..I wanted to book at 7pm thinking the traffic will have lessened but they said after 7pm only males will be available and I feel kinda awkward as it is with woman...O.o So i told them I wanted female..so they bumped me upto 6pm. Janna is good with relaxation. she does my whole body and stretches my body and gives me homework (stretching at home) =) I really enjoy that it goes outside of the place too..

I ate a little bit before I left and the food made me really thirsty (Ill show you what I cooked earlier today) so I drank two cups of water right before I left...and althought I peed before I left toooo OMGish near the end of the massage I had to pee soooo badddddd I was literally about to stop her and say 'ok I gotta pee..you can go lol'...DO NOT drink before you go into massages..and seeing that my massages minutes are upping by another half hr I better remind myself this! LOL...

Awkward moment: When she's massaging my legs..and it makes me think of how hairy I am HAHAHHAHAHAHAH -..-;;;; WHO shaves in the winter! Good thing it was dim...although I don't think it was DIM ENOUGH! But...must concentrate on relaxing! HAHAHHA...such a loser --;;;

Today's Recipe! My version of Jambalaya...

SORRY it turned to more like jook aka 'congee' style because #1: I didn't think the rice would cook SOOO FAST (My first time cooking Jasmine Rice!) and #2: Jasmine Rice fluffs up SOOO much and SUCKS up the entire batch of my chicken stock!! I promise it'll turn out better next time!


Main Ingredients:
-1 Bay leaf (although I like bay leaves so I put two)
-Recipe calls for andouille sausages  I put Italian Spicy Sausages
-Chicken Broth (I added water even though it says you don't need to cus my Jasmine rice Sucked the living thing out of it!)
-Pepper/Salt to taste
-Butter and Garlic (to cook sausages in)
-Onions, Mushrooms, Red Peppers, tomatoes (didn't saute the tomatoes)
-A little bit of Tomato Sauce
-Olive oil (to cook vegetables)

This is what I used for spice...Actually I forgot to add in the garlic bits from the top left corner and ended up using fresh garlic..which is fine...This recipe is actually to make Tikki Masala as you can see..but it had the ingredients I needed (Cumin and Paprika)
If I bought em separately..each container would cost $3-$4 (hENCE $6-8)
but if I buy this container its $2... I figured..how many times will I make this O.oa..
we'll see...we'll see. hahah.
 
So here:
I cooked the beef first in butter (drained fat)...added the vegetables and sauted everything in olive oil
meanwhile in a pot I was cooking my Jasmine rice that cooked SUPER fast!

I added the ingredients into the rice (including all spices) and added the Bay leaf..
but unfortunately because the Jasmine Rice was basically cooked it started...well..overcooking while I was trying to mix in all the flavours.

Here's a close up of the final product.
Sorry! It turned out food for our grandparents!
But trust me the taste is fine!!! hahah..
next time I'll do better ;)
LESSON LEARNED
 

No comments:

Post a Comment