Monday 3 December 2012

The goodies of the past 2 wks

Hey Y'all!!!

=D The past 2 week has beeen CRAY CRAYYYY...
My finals are up so I've been working on that and it's been driving me insane...
Currently should be working on my final today as well....because

badam badam..
badam
This Sunday I am excited to announce that I shall be going to sunshin and rainbow weather surrounded by my favourite PALM TREES (something we don't have here in Canada)...

-fyi: I found out Korea has palm trees toO! (jeju island...most southernly area of Korea...but I've never been there..one can dream ;) one day.!)

Anyways =D!! So...for the most bit I've been camping out on my computer all week typing away (I felt like those K-drama script writers..always on the computer..) and I've ALMOST completed one of my papers...and the last thing I wanted was to prelong my computer stays...so I haven't really been on the BLOG..

Nevertheless =) here I am today. Lately it has been snowing very lightly at night (usually when I sleep. I wake up and there is snow on the car or ground) -->
 
Here you can see on my windshield there is an accumulation of snow..
It looks like a sunny day but actually we've been getting terribly cloudy weather lately...
This was taken last Saturday on my way to tutoring =)
 
Here's another view:
This is on a different day..
I must have been going for massage or something..
 
 
Other than that, my mom and my brother's bday is at the end of November so last week we went out to this place called Gayageum. Korean restaurant..pretty good.
Normally they give you this pumpkin jook as an appetizer (congee) but they were SUPER busy we unfortunately did not get any..there were literally 3 servers -___- (cheaping out on the workers) on the floor and luckily we didn't wait very long but man was it buzzing about.
 
I didn't get a picture of the restaurant itself but it has a nice traditional theme to it..The name of the restaurant actually means this traditional korean musical instrument (kinda like a guitar but you play it on the floor) its a string instrument..kinda makes a twang sound..slightly annoying LOL...
the inside decor is not with the edges of the ceiling outlined with traditional roofs of Korean houses..
 
I did get the pictures of food though (with many comments from my family of why I take pictures of food :s ) Here is the gist:
My moms hand on the side dishes..many Korean restaurants give you side dishes (aka appetizers) to start your food off. YUM!!

My brother ordered this sushi dish (that my mom complained of being way overpriced ;).) for those sushi lovers...you may have enjoyed it.

Then we've got this dish called Ssam. Basically its steamed pork with slightly steamed cabbage (to soften it up) and this red pepper raddish thing....and you put everything inside and wrap it with a cabbage aka ssam.

The ssam dish came with a side of bean paste soup (has tofu, zucchini onions etc in a soup base of bean paste or miso type of soup but spicier)

This ..don't order this unless you are a fan of spice..it's WAY too spicy and everyone literally was gonna die..it's chicken but enveloped in this spicy sauce that kills all flavour!!!

We came home and celebrated with my mom's favourite sweet potato cake! It's very smooth.
 
So...after being with Rogers for almost 9 years (I've never been with another company) I decided to call it quits when I realized that Rogers suck...I have had the worst experience with their customer service (one time a customer service lady laughed at me for telling her that they overcharged me...couple dollars but as a student I need all the money I can get...and another time I had another lady hang up on me when I told her I wanted to quit Rogers...great service guys..but I guess being with them this long I wouldve faced some bad reps out there..everyone has them afterall..
but I'm paying wayyy too much for the terrible service and terrible plans...so with a $200 penalty fee I quit (apparently with any phone service you need to give them 30 days notice..didn't know!) so by January 1 I will officially lose my # and start afresh..which brings me to KOODO.
Koodo is a company founded by Telus (Roger's rival) which is great because it has cheaper plans but great reception as they use the same network as Telus..there are lots of better plans but the network isn't as good and lots of dropped calls have been occurring (e.g- the newer ones like WIND or MOBILICITY) They have amazing deals though and SUPER cheap...plus and minus...
 
But with KOOdo. I am thinking of getting their Holiday plan with $30 . I need data to text with my BF (who so have left me to go study and pursue his dreams for an unknown amount of time =*( ...) but because I have a blackberry it doesn't use a lot of data which is great! 200mb is more than enough! And I have been dying without call display because whenever I miss a call I can never call them back..and the awkward moment when you are exchanging #s and they say 'oh ok I've got ur #. I'll call you so u can get my #"...."umm..sorry I don't have callers display..can u just tell me?" lol -_-;;
 
So they expire December 31 so I'll have an overlap of two activated simcards for a few days which is perfectly fine =)!
 
On the way back from questioning Koodo phones I came across KERNELS! I used to NEVER get kernels..i think I got it like 2wice in my entire life before I met my boyfriend..but apparently he used to get em everytime his family went shopping at malls as a child...(spoiled lol) so ever since then I've been getting em very occasionally with him...but this is my FIRST time getting it by myself
 
 
 

I had to get two bags cus it's buy one medium/large and get second half off...so I ended up paying around $9? So each bag (medium) is worth about $4.50..not bad considering they stuff it to the top =)

Here are the two flavours I got. White cheese and Jalapeno =)
White cheese is my bf's favourite ;) I know he'll be missing these in Grenada
Muhahahha.
He always make me jealous of his snacks cus he's always munching whenever I facetime him so he can miss the foods here -U- muHahHAHAHAH
 
In addition, after service on Sundays my church usually hands out snacks (mostly bagels) but occasionally they have these special days where they come out surprising everyone with amazing foods!
Yesterday was my all-time favourite!
It came out in this bento-box style with rice, kimchi, potato pancake things, some vegetable and marinated beef aka bulgogi...they also had the same thing with marinated mackarol (sp?) fish instead of beef. Those are my bf's favourite Korean marinated fish =) I thought of you!

 
Then my mom came home and there was this new dish ..i forget what it is called..but basically it's liek a snack...This below is actually rice but covered with this spicy/sweet sauce..the rice is cooked hard on a pan so it's crunchy liek a snack..then covered in this sauce..to me it tastes exactly like this Korean marinated chicken called 'Kanpoongki' except it was rice..lol interesting dish..even my mom's never seen it before!

 
Today's journey consisted of basically an errand by my mother..
She told me to go to this warehouse sale (cosmetics) called 'Lisa's Cosmetics' to get her this thing..
 
And when I told her I needed to go study she yelled at me -__-;;; So hating driving I went
slightly glad I went ...although she made me went and made me spend $70+tax on her
 (I shall give this to her for her christmas)
 
It's this Elizabeth Arden thing...It consists of serums and creams and all those anti-wrinkle stuff...
Costed me a good hole in my plastic card
 
Here is the link if you would liek to go:
 
(I wanted the smashbox primer...but it was sold out..seems liek I'll have to buy it in the States..Canada is WAYYY too expesnive $40-$50+ 13% tax for a 30ml primer?!!)
and there were two ladies working there and one of the girls flat-out lied to my face and said they never sold it when I questioned how much they sold it for...I walked up to another girl and she showed me the tester they used -they put it away  now cus its sold out..and she was super friendly and told me they sold it for $20...darn..they are selling the cheapest smashbox primer but its still on the market for about $40 at Sephora...)
 
 

 
Then since I'm there I went along and looked around for myself =)
I ended up getting this Venus box kit (which on the left that cardboard box??
OMG IMPOSSIBLE to pry open! I ended up ripping the box apart..
It's super customer unfriendly...I worry for myself when I get old and have no strength to open such things...=( I used all my strength to pry that thing apart!
There were a bunch of shavers but I went with this cus I needed a shave gel and it comes with a mini one which is perfect..the big ones I feel start rusting before I finish using it so..

In the box it came with a razor (2 shavers), this random case for the mouth, shave gel and a sample lotion =) not bad! I also got one for my friend Tween which I shall give as part of her Xmas gift.
One can never have enough! Since she's a picky present-giver and I KNOW she uses this brand I'll give it to her..she'll eventually use it even if she already has one..and it comes in a pretty purple box =)


My next purchase was grande. I've been looking for a spray-toner for the longest time.
I've bought Evian before..that's more or less just water in a bottle. So this is an actual toner which is great..I recently bought an Aveeno one (if you need far right in the back of the picture) and I kinda wanna return it now cus its not a spray and it's difficult to control the amount you want out...but I've used it so I'll just finish it..Drugstores don't sell the spray kind so when I saw this I was super happy! H2O...I also bought an eye cream since I'm nearing quarter of a century I need to start taking care of my eyes before they bare the signs of wrinkles and such

I was super happy to find this Elizabeth Arden Mascara! You can what it looks like on the package and the actualy mascara. I bought one a while ago and after a while it starts drying out and then clumps when it gets old so I had to stop using it...Ive been trying out different mascaras and I think this is the best one yet. So i bought another one..i think it was around $20?

Ive been trying out a ton of different mascaras (i know waste of $$ eh? can't help it! I have short eyelashes --+)...So these are some of the ones I own...
The top 2 (Estee Lauder) I actually havent tried yet cus I still am using all the other ones.. I shall review those two later when I use it
 
The Covergirl is from Drugstore (probably Walmart? or something) I stopped using it a while ago...I actually foget why..but it mustve been cus I didn't like it LOL
 
Lately, I've been using the MAC extreme black...It's the best out of the four..the slight problem is that it tends to clump up at the top and end of the brush so I am always wiping it before I put it on my lashes..otherwise it gets chunky at certain parts...
 
 The Clinique was good because it evens out the lashes and coats nicely..but the problem was that it smudges...it gets over my eyelids...which kinda sucked...

the Benefit BAD gal lash isn't really my favourite brush either...it comes in this chunky brush and it also smudges which sucks...I actually got it in a packge of the sampler Benefit package...comes with a eye primer and luminizer which I love and use almost everyday..(but the mascara isn't my fav)..

One the way back home I was super proud of myself because the place is actually near Woodbine/hwy7...

On my google map (on the phone) it said First Market Place! on the way home so I dropped by and stopped to buy some late lunch (I was STARVING..I had to wait 20 minutes for the washroom =( I had to pee so bad and there was only one washroom!! and I got a compliment by an elderly lady who said 'Good for you girl!" when people before me were complaining the washroom didn't flush..I came out and told them you have to hold it down until the entire thing flushes ;) and I felt happy when an elderly woman compliments me LOL i have ACCOMPLISHED! anyways..by the time I got out it was around 3pm STARVINGGGG So i dropped by first market place (got lost inside =*( but eventually found myself to the foodcourt) SUPER proud of myself to go by myself to first market place and buy food since bf has left me to fend for myself!!


$5.50+tax for instant noodle with pork and egg alongside with hongkong tea =D
YUM! the hktea was a bit strong but it was warm and yummy...NOW
 
I need to go and do my assignmnet that's due wednesday...
then I need to finish packing for FLORIDA!!!
oh warmth how I miss you..my hands are freezing as I type this..
and then I also need to finish my paper ....
-____-
 
wish me luck!!
 
HERE I GO WORLD!!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment