Wednesday 31 October 2012

Halloween!

Good Evening everyone =).

It's been a long time since I've last blogged. (apologies)
Much to catch up on.
This past two weeks (or what seems like eternity) has been cold, gloomy and dark EVERYDAY.

Unfortunate. and super unfortunate with Hurricane Sandy that has just passed by. It's effects are going to stay until the end of the week. Every morning I've been waking upto darkness...it's as if I live in the Arctic for half a year...terrible...

Today is Halloween. =) So for trick or treaters I will be reading and then when they come I shall hand out little pencils and pumpkin erasers..until I run out LOL...we'll see how it goes. =)

I've always enjoyed trick-or-treating as a child and I never properly dressed up..like went and bought. we had to be super creative. And then as I got older my friends REALLY was into dressing up...so every year I'd never plan on dressing up but somehow I end up being dragged to trick-or-treating with them...hahah. they totally make up something on the spot and drag me out. =) FUN TIMES.

Anyways, despite being terribly ill the first few days of the week, I've been working things slowly.
READING WEEK! an ENTIRE week off from school. I lolled around bed all weekend and then beginning of the week I felt terrible so i stayed in bed those days and then since yesterday I've been picking things up for school. =) Working it slow one day at a time.

One of my to-do lists requires my blog to be filled. Getting on that today ;)

OKAY...so  on the weekend I wanted to do some great cooking so after my massage I went across the street (instead of driving cus I thought I'd get some EXCERCISE done)....and this is what happened

 
I scrapped both my hands..(btw I didn't know palms could bleed considering the thickness of the skin!) and banged my right knee pretty bad =*(. It started bleeding but since I already crossed the street I decided to buy my stuff...Luckily my pants didnt rip...but unfortunately the bloody started sticking to the inside of my pants and then my peeled skin was being irritated as well...so in the end after I got out and bought my stuff, my return journey consisted of my rolling my pants up in the freezing cold evening LOL.

-____-; But this was kinda not my fault...I was trying to take a short cut. It was super windy and cold so I wasn't exactly looking where I was going except the general direction..and for some reason the parking lot levels off...so one side goes up and the other side goes down. And I ended up on the higher level away from the entrance..so instead of going all the way back and around I got lazy and wanted to take a short cut. So I looked around and found this area where it had this concret boulder looking thing that was sticking out a little and I decided to jump on that. Unfortunately I didn't take into consideration all I was carrying (already bought some stuff from Walmart) and also my purse and a bundle of puffy jacket...and somehow instead of landing gracefully...I jumped and fell flat on the concret....which is kinda unfortunate cus concretes hurt and scrapped my entire knee...

Now with my magical healing powers I've been healing suprendously...but the scab is being quite annoying and I can't lean on my knees or anything :s....

Going on...I bought these fabulous cupcake holderss
Theyre like batman cupcake holders! ahhh cute eh?

I wanted to show you my batter which....

turned out like this...which looks delish but apparently you can't overmix the batter and I TOTALLY overmixed the batter....and they turned out terribly...they look good.and tasted ok..but the outside got super hard and then the insides weren't cooked! 375'f no???..I blame it on the toaster oven

then transferred to a regular oven..which still was a tab better but terrible...so i ended up throwing them out...maybe tomorrow i'll try again...ackk...I blame it on the overmix then.... :s
 
HUNGRY looking at these...6:16pm...brb...foood.
 
back...made myself nutella banana sandwich..LOL~quick and easy =)
 
Anyways....I'm terrible at baking so I turned to this: COOKING!!
 
I start off my melting butter with minced garlic and onions to seep the flavours =)
 
 

Add some Basil flakes and stir it and cook it all!

Then I added Tomatoes and chicken stock let it boil until the tomatoes were nice and soft...

Pureed it in a blender and then added milk and rice to make it a creamy tomato soup!!

THe lighting is poor (darkness all around me!) but it's actually a light orange...

I added rice in it...brown rice actually works better. I found out that Jasmine rice tends to seep in all the liquid. It's ok if you try it only once but if you have leftover you end up with no liquid lol. Add salt and pepper as necessary. I used fresh tomatoes...technically your suppose to use canned with liquid..so I had to add a bit more salt than necessary to match my taste...

To tell you the truth...I made this twice..HAHAHA the second time I tried with Brown rice and it turns out a lot better...also I added bacon in here which makes the flavour enhanced. Tastes a lot better! YUM!!.

This is me eating soup with salad watching some Kdrama (FAITH I finished it..=( now I have to look for a new drama with lee minho!) I hope he does another one soontime!
This was after I scrapped my knee and hurt myself. I was in healing mode =)!
No one in my family ate my soup -_-...so even though I didn't make a lot I ended up throwing out the rest =(...My fams not a fan of the meddeterrian food...:s someone come eat the food I make!!
 
But since I got a ton of time to spend this week:
I decided to do some halloween inspired nails!!!
 
Pumpkin with yellow glitter...my middle finger is dark blue glitter (hard to see in light..the glitter is really pretty)..then a mummy and (hard to see) but its a spider on a spider web! I also put small glitter on the spider web but it's hard to see in the picture.. cute??

This one I did my thumb for stitches...the stitches actually have glitter on it (you can KINDA make it out a bit) then a ghost! (I have this Sally Hansen nailpolish pen which is a little bit erasable...still leaves a mark and I was in the process of erasing it when I noticed that it became faint ghost and it looked cool so I left it like that! and added the words after)...then bats with bigger glitter portraying the stars at night..=) cuteee???
 
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
 
Next time I will try to do Christmas themes! I love Christmas and there's so much you can do with them so I'm excited! YAy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment